BRAZIL/US: Coke seals RTD tea firm acquisition
The Coca-Cola Co. has sealed the acquisition of Brazilian RTD tea producer Leão Junior.
Coca-Cola Brazil, the soft drinks giant's local unit, told just-drinks today (22 March) that the deal would give it some 60 domestic brands, including Matte Leão.
Financial details were not disclosed but Coca-Cola Brazil said the deal would give it three production facilities based around the country. The company added that it would retain Leão Júnior's top management.
"With the acquisition of the Leão Júnior, we have increased our high-quality products portfolio," said Coca-Cola Brazil president Brian Smith.
Leão Júnior generated BRL158.9m (US$77.3m) in turnover last year, up over 18% on 2005.
The withdrawal of Coca-Cola's Blak brand from the US has once again shown that new product development can be something of a hit and miss affair, even for the most powerful and experienced companies. ...
Calories from beverages shipped to schools has decreased due to the beverage industry's progress implementing the National School Beverage Guidelines....
Coca-Cola Icecek, an affiliate of the Coca-Cola Co., is awaiting competition board approval over the acquisition of Turkish tea company Dogadan Gida Urunleri Sanayii ve Pazarlama A.S....
The Coca-Cola Co. has fallen out with a number of smaller Glaceau Vitaminwater distributors over its plans to put 65% of its sales through its own distribution networks across the US, according to rep...
The Coca-Cola Co. has lined up an addition to its Odwalla juice brand in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. has stayed silent on reports that it has had a takeover bid for German soft drinks company Bionade rejected....
Foster's Group has claimed victory in a dispute over the Zero trademark in Australia....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages