UK: Coke seals deal with Football League
Coca-Cola has secured a three-year sponsorship deal with the Football League. Although the value of the agreement was not disclosed, a spokesman for the Football League described it as the League's biggest ever sponsorship deal.
As part of the agreement, Coke has offered the 72 League clubs a share of £1 m if they score 4,500 or more goals between them next season.
The highest number of goals scored in a season by the clubs in the three divisions which make up the League has been 4,354 - 146 short of Coke's target.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages