US: Coke renews World Cup sponsorship
Coca-Cola has renewed its global partnership with FIFA, football's world governing body.
The US drinks giant has kicked off a series of programmes in the run up to next year's World Cup in Germany, which begins in June.
Coca-Cola chairman and CEO E. Neville Isdell and FIFA president Sepp Blatter unveiled details of the first global World Cup trophy tour by Coca-Cola, which will visit 31 cities in 28 nations, beginning in early January.
Isdell also launched a new global football marketing platform for Coca-Cola, titled "We All Speak Football", which is being launched through consumer programmes in scores of countries around the world.
"The new agreement with one of our most faithful partners bears witness to the broad, enduring appeal of the combination of football and Coca-Cola," said Blatter. "We are greatly indebted to Coca-Cola and its depth of support for football, which has helped the game touch more people of all backgrounds."
"This recommitment by Coca-Cola to the world's most popular sport and its fans affords us new opportunities to bring people closer together through football," added Isdell. "Our heritage with football and FIFA is further energised through the renewed and far-reaching partnership we celebrate today."
Coca-Cola began its official sponsorship of the World Cup when the tournament was staged in Argentina in 1978.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Comment - What on Earth is a Liqueur?
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future