US: Coke re-signs Armstrong for Dasani
The Coca-Cola Company has renewed its partnership with Lance Armstrong as he competes for an unprecedented sixth Tour de France win. Armstrong is currently featured in a commercial and summer promotions for the Dasani brand in the US, and will continue to be linked to the brand under the new agreement.
"The decision to re-sign with Lance was an easy one," said Javier Benito, chief marketing officer of Coca-Cola North America in a statement. "Lance is an incredible inspiration for his spirit and confidence on and off the bike, which is a perfect fit with the active, optimistic personality of the Dasani brand."
Armstrong and Coca-Cola have been partners since 2000. The extended relationship, which runs until 2006, will involve a variety of marketing and promotional activities.
Playing off Armstrong's competitive spirit and his quest to win, the "Go for Six," and "Follow the Litre" promotions offer people the opportunity to win over US$1 m in prizes by the end of July.
In the supporting commercial Armstrong takes on a stronger rival in a chin up contest and shoots hoops with opponents who tower over him, replenishing himself with the refreshing taste of Dasani throughout each uncharacteristic activity. The commercial debuted on June 14 and runs throughout the summer.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit