US: Coke plans fourth price hike on orange juice
Coca-Cola Co. is to increase the price of its orange juice brands in the US for the fourth time this year ahead of the smallest Florida orange crop in 20 years.
The US soft drinks giant said wholesale list prices for its Simply Orange and Minute Maid Premium brands will rise by up to 11% this month.
The US Department of Agriculture estimates that the 2006/07 orange crop will reach 135m boxes, a forecast below industry expectations.
"The crop report - with accompanying increased futures and fruit prices - has driven the need for additional price increases," said Mike Saint John, Minute Maid general manager at Coca-Cola North America.
Saint John said the company would continue to sell juice at a "fair market value". He added: "We'll continue to invest aggressively in innovation and demand creation to help drive category and industry growth."
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a 6.3% fall in first quarter net income, as the soft drinks bottler dealt with restructuring charges and a loss on equity securities....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Co. has unveiled two brand extensions for its Minute Maid juice line in the US....
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation linking it to US bottled water producer Glaceau....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) has snapped up a vending operator in Italy....
The Coca-Cola Company is looking to reduce the impact of its US headquarters on the environment....
The Coca-Cola Co. has announced its regular quarterly dividend and elected three vice presidents....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?