ARGENTINA/US: Coke pays out in music video row
A unsigned, London-based ska band has secured an undisclosed fee from The Coca-Cola Co. after the US soft drinks giant used one of the group's music videos in a commercial without permission.
Earlier this month, fans of the band, 7 Seconds of Love, alerted the group to a Coke Light advertisement broadcast in Argentina. The fans felt the ad contained similarities to one of the group's music videos from 2005.
In a joint statement, Coke and 7 Seconds of Love said they had come to an agreement. Coke will pay the ban an undisclosed fee and donate unspecified sums to two charities of the band's choice.
A Coke spokesperson said: "The creative talent of 7 Seconds of Love is quite evident and we wish them all the best in their musical endeavours."
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The US drinks arm of Cadbury Schweppes has said it aims to "outmarket" its competitors, according to reports....
The Coca-Cola Company has signed a five-year beverage contract with the Mexican-inspired food service Baja Fresh....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed details of its quarterly dividend....
India's Tata Tea has shown an interest in acquiring more beverage brands to tap growing consumer demand for health drinks....
The Coca-Cola Co. Is set to invest US$80m in a new R&D centre and 'green' headquarters in China....
Coca-Cola FEMSA and The Coca-Cola Co. have appealed against the authority's objection over the company's planned purchase of Jugos del Valle....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted a slight lift in second quarter profit as non-carbonates made their presence felt in the portfolio....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets