US: Coke, Nestlé to launch premium tea
Beverage Products Worldwide, a joint venture between Coca-Cola Co. and Nestlé, is planning to launch a premium tea brand in the US.
A spokesman for Coke in Atlanta confirmed to just-drinks today (11 July) that the venture would launch Gold Peak as the tea category continues to grow rapidly. He added that Gold Peak would be launched later this month but declined to comment further.
The upcoming launch is a signal that Coke and Nestlé are committed to the Beverage Products Worldwide venture, which markets Nestea iced teas and coffees worldwide.
Last month, the two companies were reported to have been in talks over the future of the business. US reports said that Nestea sales had slumped in the first quarter of the year, in stark contrast to the buoyant bottled teas category.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report