US/SUI: Coke, Nestlé scale back venture
Coca-Cola Co. and Nestlé will compete across the ready-to-drink coffee and iced tea categories after agreeing to scale back their joint venture, Beverage Partners Worldwide.
The two companies were recently reported to have been in talks over the future of BPW, which markets products including Nestea iced teas and coffees worldwide.
The pair said that the venture would focus on black tea beverages in a bid to grow sales and go it alone in other categories.
"Both companies recognise the significant potential of these rapidly growing segments and will expand their offerings in these categories by identifying innovative new products and creating a broader choice for consumers," Coke and Nestlé said in a joint statement yesterday (2 November).
BPW will continue to handle Enviga, a green tea-based drink recently launched in the US and set for a roll-out across Europe next year.
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reported a 6.3% fall in first quarter net income, as the soft drinks bottler dealt with restructuring charges and a loss on equity securities....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Co. has unveiled two brand extensions for its Minute Maid juice line in the US....
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation linking it to US bottled water producer Glaceau....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) has snapped up a vending operator in Italy....
The Coca-Cola Company is looking to reduce the impact of its US headquarters on the environment....
The Coca-Cola Co. has announced its regular quarterly dividend and elected three vice presidents....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends