UK: Coke must change tack, say analysts
Marketing ventures such as its recent tie-up with SONICblue will not be enough to reverse Coke's recent poor fortunes, according to a report by industry analysts, Datamonitor,. The venture, producing co-branded digital audio players, is aimed at improving the brand's image among young consumers. But on its commentwire.com service, Datamonitor contends that with earnings in decline since 1998, Coke must increase investment in the more profitable non-carbonated soft drinks markets.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down