JAPAN: Coke marketing set to consolidate - report
Coca-Cola's Japanese bottlers are teaming up to consolidate marketing activity in the country, according to local reports.
Nikkei Report said today (4 October) that all 12 Coke bottlers in the country, including Coca-Cola (Japan) Co. and Coca-Cola West Holdings, will fund the new company, which will merge all related sales and marketing operations. The move is an attempt by the bottlers to increase the efficiency and coordination of business meetings and sales promotions, the news service said.
The new company will take over the functions currently performed by Coca-Cola National Sales, which was formed in 1995, and Coca-Cola (Japan). These two companies oversee business communications, sales promotions and in-store activities assistance, Nikkei Report said.
The news service also said that Coca-Cola National Beverages has been integrating bottlers' production, distribution and procurement operations under a single management structure and overhauling the group's domestic business model since last year.
The announcement that Cadbury Schweppes is looking to split its beverage operations in the US from its confectionery unit may be music to its investors' ears, but where will a potential buyer come fro...
If prime target consumers for international spirits in China have as much difficulty telling whisky from Cognac as a recent report suggests, marketers may have to up their game to reap the rewards the...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up a limited edition Coca-Cola for the UK, while dropping two Oasis variants in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. will next week launch Coca-Cola Zero in Sweden to further strengthen its position in the country's booming no-sugar carbonates segment....
The Coca-Cola Co. has admitted it is on the look-out for acquisitions to beef up its bottled teas offering in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to have more room to develop its own RTD tea brands in the US after the company said it would scale back Beverage Partners Worldwide, its venture with Nestlé....
Coca-Cola Africa has promoted its marketing chief in South Africa to take charge of the company's promotions across the continent....
The Coca-Cola Co. has sealed the acquisition of Brazilian RTD tea producer Leão Junior. Coca-Cola Brazil, the soft drinks giant's local unit, told just-drinks today (22 March) that the deal would give...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research