US: Coke lawsuit move request gets green light
Coca-Cola Co. has seen its request approved for a pending lawsuit against it transferred to Atlanta.
A ruling by Judge Gary A. Fenner on Friday (17 March) has cancelled a hearing initially scheduled for 29-30 March in Kansas City.
Coke, along with Coca-Cola Enterprises, has been hit by a lawsuit in the US from around 60 bottlers who are angry at Coke and CCE's plans to deliver its PowerAde sports drinks direct to Wal-Mart warehouses from 1 April.
Bottlers have previously served their customers through a system of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) by using their own employees and trucks to deliver Coke products to store shelves within their exclusive territories, stock shelves and erect merchandising displays.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, the second largest bottler in North America, filed a motion to intervene in the lawsuit, saying that it planned to test warehouse delivery of PowerAde within its territory and objecting to these plaintiffs' attempts to stop the test.
Both Coke and CCE are based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced details of its regular quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is in talks to acquire just over 50% of Bravo! Foods International Corp....
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. has received US$48.3m from the settlement of a price-fixing lawsuit against several major corn processors....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has had its rating upgraded....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends