US: Coke lawsuit move request gets green light
Coca-Cola Co. has seen its request approved for a pending lawsuit against it transferred to Atlanta.
A ruling by Judge Gary A. Fenner on Friday (17 March) has cancelled a hearing initially scheduled for 29-30 March in Kansas City.
Coke, along with Coca-Cola Enterprises, has been hit by a lawsuit in the US from around 60 bottlers who are angry at Coke and CCE's plans to deliver its PowerAde sports drinks direct to Wal-Mart warehouses from 1 April.
Bottlers have previously served their customers through a system of Direct Store Delivery (DSD) by using their own employees and trucks to deliver Coke products to store shelves within their exclusive territories, stock shelves and erect merchandising displays.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, the second largest bottler in North America, filed a motion to intervene in the lawsuit, saying that it planned to test warehouse delivery of PowerAde within its territory and objecting to these plaintiffs' attempts to stop the test.
Both Coke and CCE are based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
Coca-Cola Enterprises has announced details of its regular quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is in talks to acquire just over 50% of Bravo! Foods International Corp....
Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. has received US$48.3m from the settlement of a price-fixing lawsuit against several major corn processors....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has had its rating upgraded....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review