US: Coke launches CSD/Energy ‘hybrid’
Coca-Cola North America has announced the nationwide launch of a new 'hybrid' soft drink. The company said late last week that Vault, which is neither a soft drink nor an energy drink, will be rolled out this month across the country after successful debuts in select US test markets last autumn.
The drink is described as "a first-of-its-kind energy soda that delivers the best attributes both categories have to offer. Vault features a bold citrus taste with less carbonation than most sodas, and the high-octane refreshment of an energy drink."
Vault Zero, a no-sugar version of the brand, will accompany the drink on launch. Both will be available in 20-ounce and 1-litre bottles, featuring a raised 'diamond plate' pattern to provide an easier grip. More packages, including two-litre bottles and 12-ounce cans, will launch later this spring.
The launch will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign, including television, radio, outdoor and print advertising, as well as point-of-sale advertising featuring the tagline, 'DRINKS like a soda, KICKS like an energy drink.'
"Vault helps take things to the next level by combining attributes from traditional soft drinks and energy drinks to provide young adults with the taste, refreshment and energy boost they're seeking," said Stuart Kronauge, director, flavour brands, Coca-Cola North America. "Vault offers the best of both worlds in one appealing package."
Sectors: Soft drinks
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional drinks have been a growth area of the US soft drinks market since the late-1990s. Roger Dilworth reports on the development of the sector and current brand activity....
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The global energy drinks market registered a healthy rise in sales last year, according to recent figures....
Hansen Natural Corporation today announced it is launching three new energy drinks: Monster Energy Khaos in 16oz cans; Lost Five-0 in 16oz cans; and Lost Perfect 10 in 16oz cans....
With the introduction of Powerade Option, announced this week, Coca-Cola hopes to challenge PepsiCo's hold on the sports drink market....
Coca-Cola has launched a low-calorie sports drinks called POWERade OPTION, which it hopes will challenge the dominance of rival Gatorade in the sector. The new brand will hit shelves across the US thi...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages