CHINA: Coke joint venture set up
The Hong Kong-based company Swire Pacific is to pay ¥135.46m for a 24% share of a China joint venture that will pool together certain Coca-Cola non-carbonate assets in the country.
China National Cereals, Oils and Foodstuffs Import and Export Corp will take a 21% share in the new company, while Coca-Cola (China) Investment Ltd will own 17%.
In a legal notice Swire said that an unnamed independent group of nine bottling companies in China and other individual investors will pick up the remaining 38% of the venture.
The name of the new venture will be Coca-Cola Bottling Manufacture Co Ltd.
"The establishment of JV Co will bring the NCB (Non carbonated beverage) manufacturing process and related assets in China together under one company to create economies of scale and efficiency and diversify risk, thus strengthening the economic and technological cooperation between the Promoters in their business operations in respect of NCB and will minimise production costs," a statement said.
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated has declared a dividend for the fourth quarter of 2005 of US$0.25 per share on shares of the the North Carolina-based soft drinks company's common stock and cla...
The North Carolina-based soft drinks bottler, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., posted earnings for the second quarter of 2005 of US$11.5m, against US$10.6m in the second quarter of 2004....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has declared a dividend for the third quarter of 2005 of US$.25 per share on shares of the company's common stock and class B common stock payable on August 26, 2005, to shareho...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced the expiration of the early participation period related to its offer to exchange new Senior Notes for debentures....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research