PORTUGAL: Coke in race to buy Compal – report
Nutrinveste is looking to sell its drink and food products unit Compal. According to sources close to the Portuguese food company, Coca-Cola and Portuguese brewer Central de Cervejas are among the three contenders who have made offers.
The sale is expected to be completed by the end of this year, sources added.
A separate source has told local reporters that a Spanish company is also in the race to acquire Compal.
An official source has told reporters, however, that the Nutrinveste has not yet made a final decision on selling Compal.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends