TURKEY: Coke Icecek to acquire Efes subsidiary
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI) is to buy a majority shareholding in Efes Sinai Yatirim Holding (Efes Invest) from CCI's largest shareholder Anadolu Efes, the companies said in a statement.
As part of the transaction, Anadolu Efes will increase its holding in CCI, through a capital increase, to close to 51.2%. It currently holds a 45.6% stake.
The statement said it is the intention of CCI is to list on the Istanbul Stock Exchange following the acquisition and mandatory cash call to the minority shareholders, and thereafter to fully merge CCI with Efes Invest.
The acquisition is subject to the approval of regulatory bodies.
Once the acquisition is complete, CCI's Coca-Cola bottling operations will reach from Turkey to Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Azerbaijan.
The combined entity will also be the largest shareholder of the Coca-Cola bottler in Turkmenistan.
The statement also said the company will hold the bottling rights for Kajikistan and will have the option to become the Coca Cola bottler in Iraq.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated has declared a dividend for the fourth quarter of 2005 of US$0.25 per share on shares of the the North Carolina-based soft drinks company's common stock and cla...
The North Carolina-based soft drinks bottler, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., posted earnings for the second quarter of 2005 of US$11.5m, against US$10.6m in the second quarter of 2004....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has declared a dividend for the third quarter of 2005 of US$.25 per share on shares of the company's common stock and class B common stock payable on August 26, 2005, to shareho...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced the expiration of the early participation period related to its offer to exchange new Senior Notes for debentures....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research