US: Coke homes in on World Cup
The Coca-Cola Company has used the two-year strong strapline "We All Speak Football" to promote the brand leading to the start of today's (9 June) 2006 FIFA World Cup.
Coke is the Official Soft Drink of the soccer tournament, and is supplying Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola light, BonAqa, POWERADE, Fanta, Sprite Zero, Nestea and Lift at official venues and other special event sites in Germany over the nest month.
The company's main marketing ploys for the event have included a new clay animation TV commercial, and a Coca-Cola field billboard featuring team colours. A partnership has also been formed with Panini Virtual Football Stickers for fans to trade football stickers worldwide through the Internet.
Coke held a global FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour this year, a football camp for nearly 300 young people worldwide, aswell as ticket and adidas match ball give-aways leading up to the tournament.
In November 2005, FIFA and The Coca-Cola Company signed a partnership renewal for another 16 years, from 2007 until 2022.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report