SPAIN: Coke has high hopes for V&T “beauty” drink
Coca-Cola is betting that its newly-launched V&T green-tea drink will sell strongly in Spain this year, accounting for 5% of the Nestea division's sales, a spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday (19 June).
Coke introduced V&T - an abbreviation of the Spanish for "Life and Tea" - exclusively in Spain on June 8. The soft drinks giant will gauge the drink's performance before it considers introducing it in other markets, the spokesperson said.
Coke is trumping V&T as a cosmeceutical, highlighting the product's high antioxidant concentration, which has anti-aging and other health benefits. "Beauty is today's health language and V&T is an ideal product for those that like to take care of themselves, feel good and look better," Coke said.
The company will deploy a marketing campaign to promote the product, including the sponsorship of the Passarella Barcelona (formerly known as Gaudi) fashion show next month.
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits