SPAIN: Coke has high hopes for V&T “beauty” drink
Coca-Cola is betting that its newly-launched V&T green-tea drink will sell strongly in Spain this year, accounting for 5% of the Nestea division's sales, a spokesperson told just-drinks yesterday (19 June).
Coke introduced V&T - an abbreviation of the Spanish for "Life and Tea" - exclusively in Spain on June 8. The soft drinks giant will gauge the drink's performance before it considers introducing it in other markets, the spokesperson said.
Coke is trumping V&T as a cosmeceutical, highlighting the product's high antioxidant concentration, which has anti-aging and other health benefits. "Beauty is today's health language and V&T is an ideal product for those that like to take care of themselves, feel good and look better," Coke said.
The company will deploy a marketing campaign to promote the product, including the sponsorship of the Passarella Barcelona (formerly known as Gaudi) fashion show next month.
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Can Absolut's US Headache be Soothed by Elyx?
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l