COLOMBIA: Coke gifts $10m to Colombian war charity
The Coca-Cola Company has donated US$10m to the Colombian Foundation for Education and Opportunity, a Reuters report said today.
The Foundation aims to provide education and opportunity to those hit by the country's civil violence. Coke has been accused in the past of condoning violence in the country by ignoring the murder of union members at its bottling plan in the country, an allegation the soft dirnks group has strenuously denied.
In a statement Coke said: "We believe that this foundation will help to address pressing issues, build capacity and serve as a model for what the private sector can do to help develop sustainable communities around the world."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets