CHINA: Coke extends Special Olympics tie-up
Coca-Cola Co. has extended its sponsorship of the Special Olympics, which will include the 2007 event.
The soft drinks group said the worldwide sponsorship commitment, which covers the calendar years 2006 and 2007, includes support by Coca-Cola China for the 12th World Summer Games.
Coca-Cola became a founding partner of Special Olympics when the games were established in 1968. Coca-Cola is also the only sponsor supporting the Olympic Games, Paralympic Games and Special Olympics World Games.
"The privilege of being associated with Special Olympics from its inception is reflected in our renewed sponsorship, which continues to represent the highest level of worldwide support possible," said Muhtar Kent, executive vice president, Coca-Cola Co., and president, Coca-Cola International.
"Together, we will continue to actively explore new opportunities that take advantage of the reach and influence of both organizations around the globe."
Bruce Pasternack, president and CEO, Special Olympics, added: "China is a key to our movement's future, and it is extremely gratifying that Coca-Cola China and its employees have embraced the 2007 World Summer Games in Shanghai.
"We have every confidence that their enthusiasm and commitment will make this global sports event a huge success."
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola North America has extended its supply deal with Southwest Airlines....
PepsiCo is looking to block The Coca-Cola Co.'s purchase of a tea producer in Brazil....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has unveiled an executive appointment....
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. has made a move into its domestic non-carbonates category with the launch of a range of juices and RTD teas....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up a limited edition Coca-Cola for the UK, while dropping two Oasis variants in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. will next week launch Coca-Cola Zero in Sweden to further strengthen its position in the country's booming no-sugar carbonates segment....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020