BELGIUM: Coke expands interactive vending tests
Coca-Cola Co. has continued its drive towards new vending machines as a form of marketing and retail across Europe.
Coke's business in Europe has told just-drinks it has tested a number of interactive concepts using vending machines in Hungary, Germany and Ireland.
"Our principal aim is to test, learn, and finetune our concepts. Preliminary results encourage us to continue our trials, which will include a few cities in the US in 2007," said a Coke spokesman in the EU.
It follows news in June, that Coke had chosen Germany to plug in a vending machine called SmartVendor.
Concepts include card payment methods and the chance to buy electronic media like mobile ringtones, games and e-cards.
Coke's Japanese vending initiatives are said to be larger in scale than Europe, offering consumers a payment method via mobile phones.
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
The Coca-Cola Co. has announced its regular quarterly dividend and elected three vice presidents....
Coca-Cola Amatil is hoping to recoup A$700m (US$585m) from its South Korean bottling operations....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted double digit rises in first-quarter sales and profits, despite ongoing challenges in its North American market....
The Coca-Cola Co. is calling on the public to design a vending machine for Second Life's 'in-world' digital society that could dispense "life-enhancing experiences"....
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola North America has extended its supply deal with Southwest Airlines....
PepsiCo is looking to block The Coca-Cola Co.'s purchase of a tea producer in Brazil....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits