CHILE: Coke Embonor posts increased losses
Coca-Cola Embonor has reported an increased net loss for 2004 of CLP60.876bn (US$104.2m) for 2004. The loss was an increase of CLN25.926bn on 2003, local press reported.
The Chilean Coca-Cola bottler said the poorer performance was due to increased non-operating losses, which rose to CLN84.24bn, up by CLN29.405bn, after an extraordinary amortisation in December 2004.
Meanwhile, operating profit rose 21.8% as some costs fell.
Revenues, however, fell 29.7% to CLN159.26bn.
Overall volumes were down 35%.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- just The Preview - Constellation Brands' Q2 & H1
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours