US: Coke driver "sacked for drinking Pepsi"
Rick Bronson, who works for Coca-Cola Bottling Co., part of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE), in Sylmar, California, was, according to his union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, dismissed on June 12 for violating the company's rules prohibiting slander of Coke products. The union alleges that he was actually fired for organising labour campaigns and has filed charges against CCE accusing it of unfair labour practices.
A Coca-Cola Bottling Co. spokesman would not comment on the specific detail of the Bronson case and would not clarify whether drinking competitors' products was a disciplinary offence for the company's employees.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Striking workers at Coca-Cola Enterprises' facilities in the US are to return to work....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has reiterated its 2005 profit outlook....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is to drop its low-calorie drink Pepsi Edge....
Coca-Cola Enterprises expects innovation to be the driving factor for sales this year....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future