US: Coke declares quarterly dividend increase
The Coca-Cola Company's board has approved its quarterly dividend of 41 cents per common share. This is equivalent to an annual dividend of US$1.64 per share, up from $1.52 per share in 2008.
The company said that the rise in quarterly dividend, up 8%, was the 47th consecutive increase.
It will be payable to shareowners of record as of 15 March 2009.
"The increase reflects the board's confidence in the company's long-term cash flow. The company returned $4.6 billion to shareowners in 2008, through $3.5 billion in dividends and $1.1 billion in share repurchases. In the past five years, the company's dividends have grown at a compound annual rate of more than 10%."
The board also elected Javier Goizueta as vice president of the company. Earlier this month, he was named president of The McDonald's Division. Goizueta succeeds Jerry Wilson, who was recently named the company's chief customer and commercial officer.
Innovation is a much banded-about word in the world of soft drinks. And nobody likes to bang on more about innovation than The Coca-Cola Co. The company's global strength and leading status stems from...
A little over ten years since it divested itself of its major bottling asset, Pepsi Bottling Group, PepsiCo this week sealed a deal that reversed the move - flying in the face of the recent perceived ...
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
In absolute volume terms, Turkey was the third strongest growing soft drinks market in the world last year, generating 1.6bn litres of new business, according to data from Euromonitor International. O...
Environmental concerns have climbed steadily up the agenda for soft drinks producers in recent years. However, Annette Farr writes, progress has been faster in the UK than in the US....
Soft drink giant Coca-Cola Co. and its Mexican bottling partners are to invest US$5bn in Mexico during the next five years, Coca-Cola Co CEO Muhtar Kent said yesterday (20 August)....
Coca-Cola Enterprises is to close its Kansas bottling plant in a bid to cut costs, the company said today (10 August)....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets