US/FRANCE: Coke coy on L'Oréal tie-up rumours
The Coca-Cola Co. is refused to comment on reports that it is to join forces with cosmetics giant L'Oréal and launch a "nutraceutical" drink next year.
Reports in the US claimed that the two companies are working together on a beverage called Lumaé. Reports said Beverage Partners Worldwide, a venture between Coca-Cola Co. and Nestlé, had applied to register the trademark.
However, a Coca-Cola Co. spokesman in the US refused to comment on the rumours. "We have a number of products under development - some will make it onto the market and some won't," he said.
A spokesperson for L'Oréal in France told just-drinks that the company had "absolutely no knowledge" of any plans for such a brand.
The withdrawal of Coca-Cola's Blak brand from the US has once again shown that new product development can be something of a hit and miss affair, even for the most powerful and experienced companies. ...
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year....
Bisleri is looking to muscle in on The Coca-Cola Company's and PepsiCo's sponsorship of Indian international cricket, according to local reports....
Some citrus-flavoured carbonated drinks contain more caffeine than cola, according to a recent study in the Journal of Food Science....
The Coca-Cola Co. has dismissed claims that a sweetener used in Coke Zero could prove harmful to consumers....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to close one of its facilities in Ireland....
Coca-Cola has confirmed that it is pulling its coke and coffee drink, Coca-Cola Blak, from the US market....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has signed a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. for its recently acquired Glacéau brands....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018