US: Coke confirms Vanilla launch in May
After a great deal of speculation and anticipation, soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has announced that it is too launch a vanilla-flavoured version of its Classic brand, which will be available in the US by mid-May, followed by a roll-out in Canada.
"Consumers were excited about the idea of Vanilla Coke and we are pleased to give them what they want," Coca-Cola chairman and chief executive Douglas Daft said in a statement.
Unlike the launch of Diet Coke with lemon, which received little marketing backing, it is believed Vanilla Coke will be accompanied by a significant marketing push that will include TV ads, billboards and radio spots.
Coke has also announced it will redesign the packaging of its Cherry Coke brand, which it introduced in 1985.
The product launch comes at a time when innovation is driving the soft drinks market. Coca-Cola recently unveiled Diet Coke with lemon and is reintroducing its popular fruit-flavored Fanta brand. Meanwhile Pepsi has launched lemon-flavoured Pepsi Twist and Mountain Dew Code Red, a variation of its Mountain Dew soft drink.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits