UK: Coke confirms Enviga plans
Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is developing a functional green tea-based drink Enviga in collaboration with Nestlé.
A Coca-Cola GB spokesperson told just-drinks today (27 June) that the brand was still in the "early days" of development. "(Enviga) is a product initiative in development but there are no immediate plans to launch the brand in the UK," she said.
Reports had claimed that Enviga, a carbonated and caffeinated soft drink infused with nutrients to burn calories, was undergoing testing in the US.
Officials at Coke's HQ in Atlanta failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press, while Nestlé representatives declined to comment.
The drink would mark an expansion of a partnership between Coke and Nestlé that has been under-performing in recent months. The two companies have faced speculation about the future of the venture, Beverage Partners Worldwide, but just-drinks understands that Coke and Nestlé remain committed to the partnership.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets