UK: Coke confirms Enviga plans
Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is developing a functional green tea-based drink Enviga in collaboration with Nestlé.
A Coca-Cola GB spokesperson told just-drinks today (27 June) that the brand was still in the "early days" of development. "(Enviga) is a product initiative in development but there are no immediate plans to launch the brand in the UK," she said.
Reports had claimed that Enviga, a carbonated and caffeinated soft drink infused with nutrients to burn calories, was undergoing testing in the US.
Officials at Coke's HQ in Atlanta failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press, while Nestlé representatives declined to comment.
The drink would mark an expansion of a partnership between Coke and Nestlé that has been under-performing in recent months. The two companies have faced speculation about the future of the venture, Beverage Partners Worldwide, but just-drinks understands that Coke and Nestlé remain committed to the partnership.
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban