UK: Coke confirms Enviga plans
Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is developing a functional green tea-based drink Enviga in collaboration with Nestlé.
A Coca-Cola GB spokesperson told just-drinks today (27 June) that the brand was still in the "early days" of development. "(Enviga) is a product initiative in development but there are no immediate plans to launch the brand in the UK," she said.
Reports had claimed that Enviga, a carbonated and caffeinated soft drink infused with nutrients to burn calories, was undergoing testing in the US.
Officials at Coke's HQ in Atlanta failed to return requests for comment as just-drinks went to press, while Nestlé representatives declined to comment.
The drink would mark an expansion of a partnership between Coke and Nestlé that has been under-performing in recent months. The two companies have faced speculation about the future of the venture, Beverage Partners Worldwide, but just-drinks understands that Coke and Nestlé remain committed to the partnership.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future