INDIA: Coke closure decision imminent
The decision over whether to close a Coca-Cola factory in India has passed once more to The High Court of Kerala state.
The court will decide on December 8th whether to shut the plant, which locals claim is draining them of the groundwater needed for farming.
Originally the decision was to be made by the local council of Perumatty village where the plant is situated.
However following a petition from Coke, the High Court ruled that it would now take responsibility for the decision and blocked a Perumatty village meeting today.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future