US: Coke, Caribou line up RTD iced coffee for US
Coca-Cola North America has lined up a range of ready-to-drink iced coffees for the US next year.
The company confirmed today (30 November) that it has teamed up with speciality coffee company Caribou Coffee to bring the new range to the country next summer. Although no concrete details are currently available, a spokesperson for CCNA told just-drinks today that the drink would "probably be called Caribou Iced Coffee".
"Our partnership with Coca-Cola North America will extend our great premium coffee taste experience into the ready-to-drink category and allow us to take advantage of CCNA's world-class distribution system," said Michael Coles, Caribou Coffee chairman and CEO.
The partnership with Caribou follows the launch of a new line of premium indulgent beverages, Godiva Belgian Blends, in partnership with Godiva Chocolatier, in August. CCNA also reformulated the Nestea ready-to-drink teas this summer, and launched Gold Peak RTD teas and calorie burning beverage Enviga.
Current RTD coffee and tea products are marketed by CCNA with Beverage Partners Worldwide (BPW) - a joint venture between The Coca-Cola Company and Nestlé. Earlier this month, The Coke and Nestlé announced the refocus of BPW on black teas and Enviga - freeing both Coca-Cola and Nestlé to develop and market their own coffees and non-black tea beverages.
Minneapolis-based Caribou Coffee is the second-largest speciality coffee company in the US with 423 coffeehouses in 17 states and the District of Columbia.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have been the fiercest of competitors for decades but the fact that their rivalry now extends to 'outgreening' one another could be good news for the environment, writes Annette ...
Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed it will buy vitamin water maker Glaceau in a move that will expand its non-carbonated beverage line....
A US advocacy group has demanded the Federal Trade Commission take action against Coca-Cola and Nestlé for unlawful deceptive advertising for Enviga....
The former Coca-Cola secretary found guilty of stealing company secrets has been sentenced to eight years in prison....
Coca-Cola has refused to be drawn on rumours it is interested in acquiring the vitamin water maker Glaceau. However, the company's president has confirmed the soft drink giant is open to acquisitions....
A major shareholder in The Coca-Cola Company has sold a large part of its stake in the US company....
The Coca-Cola Company has settled a legal spat in the US concerning the presence of benzene in some of its drinks....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has confirmed the closure of the bottling operations at one of its plants in Romania....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018