GERMANY: Coke bottler to create 300 sales jobs
CCE AG, which accounts for around 75% of Coke's sales in Germany, plans to add 300 employees to its sales force in the next 18 months. The jobs will boost the bottler's sales team by around 20%.
"We see major potential on the market for non alcoholic beverages which we want to tap by investing in our sales", said Damian Gammell, chief executive of CCE AG.
"Individual and ongoing customer service is an important feature with which we want to distinguish from our competitors. With more sales reps we can have an even more intensive customer contact and further enhance a traditional strength of the Coca-Cola business to grow our business."
Meanwhile, merger talks between Coke and seven independent bottlers in Germany are "still running", a Coke spokesman told just-drinks today (19 January) from Berlin.
Last year, CCE AG and the bottlers signed a letter of intent to merge in an attempt to drive efficiency across the network.
The spokesman gave no indication as to when the talks were expected to conclude.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Groupe Danone has sold its Danao brand to French cider company Cidreries du Calvados la Fermiere (CCLF)....
A leading US politician has questioned whether food and drinks companies will voluntarily combat the issue of rising child obesity in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co has won a tender to become the exclusive soft drink and water provider and sponsor at 10 racetracks served by rival Pepsi by 2012 under a multimillion dollar deal announced with Inter...
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports claiming that PepsiCo remains interested in buying the French food company....
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review