INDIA: Coke bottler in Bhutan buy talks - report
Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB), Coca-Cola India's bottling arm, is reportedly in talks to buy the bottling operations of Bhutan Beverages, its co-packer in Bhutan.
A report in The Economic Times newspaper on Saturday (6 January) quoted a HCCB spokesperson who said talks were underway on a possible deal.
"HCCB is currently re-negotiating the co-packing agreement [in Bhutan] which may include shifting of the bottling line closer to the markets it serves in India. However, the Bhutan bottler will continue to service the markets in Bhutan," the spokesman told the paper.
Officials at Coca-Cola India could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed its interest in either buying Cadbury Schweppes' iced tea line Snapple or building its own tea brand, according to reports....
Coca-Cola Co. has declined to comment on speculation that it may be interested in acquiring Cadbury Schweppes's Snapple iced tea....
Coca-Cola chairman and CEO Neville Isdell has said he is not expecting a recession in the US. The soft drink boss was speaking at the World Economic Forum in Singapore....
Coca-Cola's limited edition variants have been accused of being a "waste of time" in the UK....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future