JAPAN: Coke bottler faces fresh recall
Coke bottler Coca-Cola (Japan) Co. is to recall over 130,000 bottles of soft drinks after rubber was found inside a bottle of Aquarius sports drink, according to local reports.
The company will call back 134,000 bottles of Aquarius and Hajime Jikkuri Umami green tea, Japanese newspaper the Daily Yomiuri said yesterday (21 January).
The report said the bottler had found a piece of rubber inside a two-litre bottle of Aquarius at its plant in Akashi. The rubber reportedly came off a pipe on a production line, according to company officials.
Last year, Coca-Cola (Japan) Co. was forced to withdraw almost 2.4m bottles of soft drinks from sale after iron powder was found inside.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring's recent decision to change its classific...
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
The Coca-Cola Company has signed a five-year beverage contract with the Mexican-inspired food service Baja Fresh....
India's Tata Tea has shown an interest in acquiring more beverage brands to tap growing consumer demand for health drinks....
The Coca-Cola Co has won a tender to become the exclusive soft drink and water provider and sponsor at 10 racetracks served by rival Pepsi by 2012 under a multimillion dollar deal announced with Inter...
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling...
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed its interest in either buying Cadbury Schweppes' iced tea line Snapple or building its own tea brand, according to reports....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future