SINGAPORE: Coke boss confident in US economy
Coca-Cola chairman and CEO Neville Isdell has said he is not expecting a recession in the US. The soft drink boss was speaking at the World Economic Forum in Singapore.
"I don't see a recession in the United States," Neville Isdell told the Dow Jones newswire service. "The subprime market issue is behind us."
However, he added that whilst the US and Europe currently make up Coca-Cola's largest revenue base, the Asia-Pacific market will soon match it. He pointed out that revenues from Asia-Pacific were growing at 35-40% a year. The European and US markets by comparison were growing at 15% or less.
"In five or six years the revenue base will be the same," he was reported saying.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke's Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
The Coca-Cola Company has extended its sponsorship agreement with NASCAR in the US by a further 10 years....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
The European marketing director of adult beverages at Coca-Cola GB is set to move to the Far East....
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled a new television advert aimed at family audiences across the US....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has endowed a professorship of consumer insight and marketing at the IMD business school in Lausanne....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends