INDIA: Coke and Pepsi ban own adverts - report
PepsiCo and Coca-Cola have voluntarily banned adverts targeting or featuring children in India, according to reports. The Economic Times said late last week that the two drinks giants have made the move as a precursor to the European Union's impending guidelines for mass marketed food.
Coca-Cola India claims that it is voluntarily implementing a Child Marketing Policy that bars adverts featuring children below the age of 12, the paper said. The policy says that promotions cannot directly target children and the company will refrain from promoting its products in schools.
At the same time, the newspaper said, PepsiCo India said it will come out with full disclosure of content and calories in each product before the year-end.
While the EU is in the process of preparing exhaustive guidelines for all food and beverage companies, the Economic Times said, it is expected that India may follow those norms voluntarily as well.
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research