AUS: Coke Amatil to target alcohol market - report
Asia-Pacific drinks company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) could target the alcohol market in 3-5 years' time, the company's chief executive has revealed.
CCA, which is Australia's biggest soft drinks company, is facing rises in the costs of raw materials and increased competition.
Chief executive Terry Davis told Australia's Nine Network that a move into the alcohol market would be "logical" for CCA, given its distribution strength, sales force and expertise in new product development.
Davis said the company had never ruled out such a move, and would "actively" consider doing something in 3-5 years' time - but stressed that nothing was yet on the agenda.
A joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil threatens to upset the Fosters/Lion Nathan duopoly that has prevailed in the Australian beer market for years, writes David Robertson, and may en...
The European Court of Justice yesterday (23 November) ruled that EU consumers can only buy alcohol and cigarettes from other EU countries in person if they are to take advantage of lower duty rates. J...
The European Court of Justice has passed judgement on the excise duty case that has been worrying retailers who target so-called booze cruises....
China has overtaken France in Cognac consumption, according to recent figures....
Diageo is to fund European research into how to stop those who drink-and-drive from becoming repeat offenders....
The investigation into accusations of bribery and scandal at Sweden's state-run alcohol retail monopoly Systembolaget has resulted in the conviction of nine people this week, according to local report...
Australian soft drink producers will be celebrating the end of a levy on domestic sugar sales, after the Treasury announced it would be abolished from 1 December....
The state-owned alcohol producer in Russia is looking to produce a cheap vodka for the country, according to local reports....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages