SOUTH KOREA: Coke Amatil chooses LG as preferred bidder
Australian-based soft drinks group Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced that it has selected LG Household and Health Care as the preferred bidder for its South Korean business Coca-Cola Korea Bottling Corp.
The company said it had entered into exclusive negotiations with LG Household and Health Care regarding the sale of the business which is expected to fetch between US$520m and $545m including the assumption of debt.
The two companies have entered into a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding. The final terms of the sale are currently being negotiated. If the sale goes through, CCA is expecting to record a loss on book value of between $25m and $50m.
CCA said both parties were looking to move quickly towards finalising the transaction, and expects the deal to be completed within the next three months, subject to regulatory and other approvals.
CCA confirmed in February that it was considering selling its operations in the country where a product recall last year hit earnings. The company subsequently enlisted investment bank Goldman Sachs JBWere to help in assessing its options for the business.
Later LG Household and Health Care and SPC Group both confirmed that they were interested in acquiring the company.
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke's Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
The Coca-Cola Company has extended its sponsorship agreement with NASCAR in the US by a further 10 years....
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
The European marketing director of adult beverages at Coca-Cola GB is set to move to the Far East....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits