GLOBAL: Cointreau teams up with Burlesque Von Teese
Rémy Cointreau has secured the services of self-styled femme fatale Dita Von Teese as the worldwide brand ambassador for its Cointreau liqueur.
The French company said today (11 September) that it has signed a deal with Von Teese initally for two years. Specific details of what the role requires of Von Teese were not disclosed.
"We are delighted to have sealed such a relationship with Dita Von Teese," said Justin Weston, Cointreau's international director. "She is a magnificent woman who combines elegance and extreme refinement with a certain daring sensuality. I cannot wait to reveal the ideas that emerged from our partnership discussions."
Von Teese added: "For me, Cointreau is a quintessentially French brand, a product which transcends fashions and trends. It is true that we were made to join forces around a cocktail glass."
In July, Rémy Cointreau posted an 11% lift in sales for the quarter to the end of June, thanks primarily to its Cognac division. Sales hit EUR158.7m (US$219.4m) for the period.
Marketing spirits as constituents in new or popular cocktails has been a feature of the spirits category for years. And the growing emphasis on attracting younger consumers has meant the cocktail has ...
As part of its strategy of premiumisation, Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum has announced plans to launch a rare 30 year old rum in the second quarter of this year....
Champagne house Piper-Heidsieck is moving from its original base in Reims' Boulevard Vasnier, which it has occupied since 1870, to a new HQ and production facilities at the Allée du Vignoble, on the e...
Vin & Sprit has completed the clearance of one of its Swedish facilities, with its Cognac production moving to Cognac, France....
US spirits company Castle Brands has appointed John Glover as senior vice president of marketing....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Bacardi, Brown-Forman and Rémy Cointreau are expanding their distribution alliance in the US to include California and Texas....
Remy Cointreau has appointed a vice president of human resources for its US unit....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review