GERMANY: Cognis, WILD join forces
Two global ingredient suppliers, Cognis and WILD, are joining forces to establish new markets in Europe and the USA.
The two companies will work together to develop new products and systems, with a particular focus on beverages.
Both companies have their headquarters in Germany, while WILD has a sister company, WILD Flavors Inc, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cognis produces emulsifiers, compounds and functional ingredients while WILD's expertise is in developing new beverage concepts and mixing systems.
Under the agreement, Cognis ingredients will be incorporated into WILD's flavour systems and fruit preparations.
Norbert Weitkemper, Cognis' director for strategic business development, nutrition & health, said: "The combination is a perfect strategic match. As a team we will be able to develop and market new solutions effectively, and cover a wide range of consumer needs in the field of health and functional ingredients."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends