GERMANY: Cognis, WILD join forces
Two global ingredient suppliers, Cognis and WILD, are joining forces to establish new markets in Europe and the USA.
The two companies will work together to develop new products and systems, with a particular focus on beverages.
Both companies have their headquarters in Germany, while WILD has a sister company, WILD Flavors Inc, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cognis produces emulsifiers, compounds and functional ingredients while WILD's expertise is in developing new beverage concepts and mixing systems.
Under the agreement, Cognis ingredients will be incorporated into WILD's flavour systems and fruit preparations.
Norbert Weitkemper, Cognis' director for strategic business development, nutrition & health, said: "The combination is a perfect strategic match. As a team we will be able to develop and market new solutions effectively, and cover a wide range of consumer needs in the field of health and functional ingredients."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018