FRANCE: Cognac sales still ahead of Champagne for Moet Hennessy in Q3
Hennessy volumes are up 6% in the year-to-date
Moet Hennessy's Cognac and spirits sales are continuing to outperform its Champagne and wine brands, the company has revealed.
Following its initial results announcement yesterday (16 October), the wines and spirits division of LVMH said that organic sales of Cognac and spirits in the three months to the end of September rose by 12% to EUR555m (US$728m). Champagne and wines sales edged up by only 6% in the same period, to EUR451m.
Previously in Q2, sales of Cognac and spirits were EUR434m, compared to Champagne and wines - EUR399m. H1 profits were up by 20% in the division overall.
In the year-to-date, Cognac and spirits organic sales were up by 27% to EUR1.57bn, while Champagne and wines sales rose by 12% to EUR1.2bn, the company said.
Hennessy Cognac volumes were up 6% globally in the nine months to the end of September, helped by "strong momentum" in China, while Champagne volumes rose 4%.
In a note issued today, analysts Nomura said that trading among spirits groups overall still looks "robust". "We remain positive on the spirits trading dynamic and see this as a relatively risk-free investment in the consumer space," it said.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets