FRANCE: Cognac sales hit new record - figures
"I am very pleased with the figures, and with the fact that we are seeing a balanced market with sales up in America, Europe and Asia," said Jerome Durand of the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC).
"It is not like in the 90's when we relied on the Japanese market, and then suffered from the local financial crisis," Durand said.
Sales for the period in value terms were up 7.6% to the US, Canada and Mexico, totalling 60m bottles in volume terms, 16.4% in Europe, also to 60m bottles, and 7.2% to Asia, at 38.5m bottles. Strong sales in China accounted for 76% increase in value.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
Pernod Ricard's success in landing Absolut vodka has cast doubt over the future of Stolichnaya, currently marketed internationally by Pernod but which the French company will now be looking to offload...
In anticipation of the London International Wine Fair, Chris Losh has put together a few questions, touching on some of the imponderable puzzlements of the drinks industry, for visitors to mull over, ...
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
Maxxium Global Travel Retail has announced the appointment of Mariska Van Beukering to the position of marketing manager for Europe South and Middle East....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover. The French Champagne and spirits group said today (17 April) that organic growth for the 12 months to 31 March came in 9.7% % up year-on-...
The head of Beam Global Spirits & Wine has said the company has "a lot of dry powder", and will consider other acquisitions following its failure to capture Vin & Sprit earlier this month....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury group, said today (16 April) that it had achieved revenues of EUR4 billion (US$6.37bn) in the first quarter of 2008, up 5% on the same peri...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends