FRANCE: Cognac lifts Remy Cointreau FY sales
Cognac lifts Remy spirits
China's thirst for premium Cognac has powered Remy Cointreau to a sales rise in its fiscal full-year, despite a tough time for Champagne and a distribution overhaul.
Net sales for the 12 months to the end of March rose by 13% to EUR807.8m (US$1.1bn), compared to EUR714m for the previous year, Remy Countreau said today (22 April).
Strong demand for Cognac in Asia drove the increase, with Remy Martin sales up 28% for the year on a like-for-like basis, to EUR405.7m.
Champagne sales slid by more than 23% for the year, to EUR96.7m from EUR125.9m, said the group.
All business divisions benefited from a lift in the final three months of the year, as distributor destocking in key markets reduced. Group sales reached EUR219m for the fourth quarter, double the previous year's total of EUR109.7m.
"In a very unsettled environment, this performance confirms the relevance of the Group’s strategy and the effectiveness of our commercial restructuring," said Remy Cointreau CEO Jean-Marie Laborde.
Remy left the Maxxium global distribution partnership at the beginning of the fiscal year.
The group announced growth in like-for-like operating profits, without releasing figures.
However, it warned of operating losses in Champagne. "The group is currently taking difficult, but necessary, steps to be in a position to rapidly restore the profitability of this division," it said.
William Grant & Sons' UK distribution, sales and marketing unit, First Drinks, has appointed a new marketing director....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends