UK: Coffee deal off the boil
A deal to boost the income of the world's coffee producers, most of whom are poor developing countries, is under strain just one week after the plan was announced. The Association of Coffee Producing Countries (ACPC) had agreed to hold back 20% of coffee production for two years to boost prices. Coffee prices recently reached a seven-year low of $890 a tonne for July delivery. Now doubts are surfacing as to whether Brazil, the world's largest coffee producer, will actually implement the scheme. Also, countries which are not ACPC members are reported to be reconsidering their commitments. "The gloss put on the ACPC plan last week is waning. It seems to be falling apart quicker than expected," said one London trader.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020