UK: Coffee deal off the boil
A deal to boost the income of the world's coffee producers, most of whom are poor developing countries, is under strain just one week after the plan was announced. The Association of Coffee Producing Countries (ACPC) had agreed to hold back 20% of coffee production for two years to boost prices. Coffee prices recently reached a seven-year low of $890 a tonne for July delivery. Now doubts are surfacing as to whether Brazil, the world's largest coffee producer, will actually implement the scheme. Also, countries which are not ACPC members are reported to be reconsidering their commitments. "The gloss put on the ACPC plan last week is waning. It seems to be falling apart quicker than expected," said one London trader.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Beam Suntory turns Asda Japanese with Midori push
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends