UK: Codorníu introduces new Albariño
Grupo Codorníu is releasing a "contemporary" Albariño wine for the UK market.
Leiras is a 100% Albariño wine with "innovative" packaging, the company said today (26 November), marking a new era of development for the growing UK Albariño market.
The packaging and design features a frosted Bordeaux bottle, screwcap closure and a colour-coded thermal device on the back of the bottle that changes colour when the wine reaches the 'ideal' temperature for consumption.
Grupo Codorníu winemaker, Jordi Ratera created the D.O. Rías Baixas Albariño by blending four wines.
"Albariño wine sales are growing impressively as UK consumers experiment with Spanish wines from outside Rioja," said Bill Breen, managing director of Grupo Codorníu UK. "Between 2006 and 2007 sales grew at around 62% by value and 54% by volume. Leiras provides us with a great opportunity to take advantage of this growth in both the on and off-trade."
Leiras will carry an RRP of GBP9.99 (US$15.31) per 75cl bottle.
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review