UK: Codorníu introduces new Albariño
Grupo Codorníu is releasing a "contemporary" Albariño wine for the UK market.
Leiras is a 100% Albariño wine with "innovative" packaging, the company said today (26 November), marking a new era of development for the growing UK Albariño market.
The packaging and design features a frosted Bordeaux bottle, screwcap closure and a colour-coded thermal device on the back of the bottle that changes colour when the wine reaches the 'ideal' temperature for consumption.
Grupo Codorníu winemaker, Jordi Ratera created the D.O. Rías Baixas Albariño by blending four wines.
"Albariño wine sales are growing impressively as UK consumers experiment with Spanish wines from outside Rioja," said Bill Breen, managing director of Grupo Codorníu UK. "Between 2006 and 2007 sales grew at around 62% by value and 54% by volume. Leiras provides us with a great opportunity to take advantage of this growth in both the on and off-trade."
Leiras will carry an RRP of GBP9.99 (US$15.31) per 75cl bottle.
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup