UK: Codorníu introduces new Albariño
Grupo Codorníu is releasing a "contemporary" Albariño wine for the UK market.
Leiras is a 100% Albariño wine with "innovative" packaging, the company said today (26 November), marking a new era of development for the growing UK Albariño market.
The packaging and design features a frosted Bordeaux bottle, screwcap closure and a colour-coded thermal device on the back of the bottle that changes colour when the wine reaches the 'ideal' temperature for consumption.
Grupo Codorníu winemaker, Jordi Ratera created the D.O. Rías Baixas Albariño by blending four wines.
"Albariño wine sales are growing impressively as UK consumers experiment with Spanish wines from outside Rioja," said Bill Breen, managing director of Grupo Codorníu UK. "Between 2006 and 2007 sales grew at around 62% by value and 54% by volume. Leiras provides us with a great opportunity to take advantage of this growth in both the on and off-trade."
Leiras will carry an RRP of GBP9.99 (US$15.31) per 75cl bottle.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages