UK: Cockspur secures cricket sponsorship deal
Cockspur rum has finalised a GBP1m (US$2.1m) three-year marketing deal with English Test cricket grounds.
The deal, confirmed late last week, includes six pitchside hoardings at each test match ground, the stocking of a pre-mixed rum punch in the bars and the chance for the Barbadian distiller to pour its top-end Cockspur 12 in the corporate boxes.
Cockspur, whose distribution in the UK is handled by Blavod Extreme Spirits, hopes that the programme will get the brand in front of over 1m cricket fans at the grounds, and a TV audience of 40m each year.
As the only spirits sponsor at the grounds, Cockspur hopes its exclusivity will enable it to become 'the spirit of English cricket', starting in 2008 and running until 2010. This will take in both the next Ashes tour (2009) and a tour by the West Indies in 2010.
'To take ownership of one area, as we are with the cricket, gives us good bang for our buck,' said David Smith, Cockspur's global brand director.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine was the frontrunner to land Absolut vodka but was pipped at the post by Pernod Ricard. However, president and CEO Tom Flocco says the company has quickly put that disappoint...
This year sees the launch of Distil, a dedicated spirits show to complement the London International Wine Fair. But, writes Chris Losh, having already failed to secure enough big spirits producers as ...
Last year, just-drinks took part in a working party, set up following the World Whiskies Conference in 2007, to look at how to raise the profile of Scotch whisky. At this year's conference, held in Gl...
Diageo has announced plans for a relaunch of its "Ultimate Pose Off" campaign for Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum in the US....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has secured the intellectual property rights for the Blackwood's gin and vodka brands....
Pernod Ricard is launching a GBP14m (US$27.6m) two-year marketing campaign in the UK for its Caribbean rum brand Malibu....
Vin & Sprit has unveiled an addition to its Cruzan flavoured rum portfolio in the US....
Corby Distilleries has delivered a 37% increase in its third quarter net earnings, despite a fall in operating revenues, which the company said was in line with its expectations....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review