CANADA: Coca-Cola/vending machine supplier facing C$1m lawsuit
In December of 1998, Kevin Mackle, was found pinned under a fallen Coke machine on his Bishops University campus in Lennonxville, Quebec, after he tried to loosen a soft-drinks can by shaking the machine, which weighed 420 kilograms.
A report from Quebec coroner René Maurice Belanger, noted that between 1978 and 1999, there have been 35 deaths and 140 injuries resulting from toppled vending machines, mainly in the US.
Coroner Bélanger recommended Coca-Cola place warning stickers on vending machines and ensure machines in schools and universities be equipped with "anti-fraud" devices that make it impossible to shake loose a free can.
A spokesperson for Coca-Cola Bottling Company said the company has implemented the coroner's recommendations across Canada but otherwise refused comment on the case.
Companies: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated has declared a dividend for the fourth quarter of 2005 of US$0.25 per share on shares of the the North Carolina-based soft drinks company's common stock and cla...
The North Carolina-based soft drinks bottler, Coca-Cola Bottling Co., posted earnings for the second quarter of 2005 of US$11.5m, against US$10.6m in the second quarter of 2004....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has declared a dividend for the third quarter of 2005 of US$.25 per share on shares of the company's common stock and class B common stock payable on August 26, 2005, to shareho...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that it has closed its debenture exchange offer....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced the expiration of the early participation period related to its offer to exchange new Senior Notes for debentures....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. has seen its Q1 net income plunge....
Anheuser-Busch is the latest US drinks company to be hit by industrial action....
Workers at Coca-Cola bottling and distribution facilities in Hartford, Connecticut and the Los Angeles area are on strike....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research