VENEZUELA: Coca-Cola Zero faces ban on health grounds - report
Health Minister Jesus Mantilla was quoted in Venezuela's state news agency as saying that Coca-Cola Zero, the calorie-free version of Coca-Cola, should be pulled from sale "to preserve the health of Venezuelans", according to a local report by Reuters today (11 June).
A spokesperson for The Coca-Cola Co's bottler in the region, Coca-Cola Femsa, could not be immediately reached by just-drinks to confirm the ban.
No specific health concerns were detailed by the minister.
The leftwing, anti-capitalist Chavez Government has a long history of anti-US sentiment. Chavez has on several occasions accused the US of trying to assassinate him and referred to previous US president George W Bush as "the Devil".
Britvic, the UK's biggest soft drinks group, set tongues wagging this week following news that it plans to raise US$250m in a private placement, leading analysts to believe the J2O maker is almost cer...
Results posted by major brewers in recent weeks suggest conditions are improving in the global beer market, which is borne out by a new report from just-drinks forecasting growth over the medium term....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
CKE Restaurants has expanded its offering from The Coca-Cola Co to include the drinks firm's Vitaminwater portfolio....
Drinks heavyweights SABMiller, Coca-Cola Co and Nestle have called for greater investment in water sustainability amid a growing gap in global supply and demand....
China will play a leading role in Coca-Cola Co's plan to double annual sales in the next decade, the soft drinks giant has said....
The Coca-Cola Co has lined up a global tie-up between its Coke Zero brand and the forthcoming film directed by James Cameron, Avatar....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola Co. is to invest US$5.8bn in Brazil over the next five years....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends