US: Coca-Cola Zero 'Cover Up' Nascar campaign launched
Coca-Cola Co has launched the latest in its series of Nascar-related adverts for Coca-Cola Zero, to coincide with the brand's fourth anniversary.
The theme of the advert is a continuation of previous campaigns, in which brand managers for the firm's flagship soft drink, Coca-Cola, attempt to thwart the Nascar drivers who advertise Coke Zero.
The brand managers are annoyed that Coke Zero has "stolen" the taste of Coca-Cola and "improved" the drink by cutting out all calories.
In the latest campaign, brand managers convince the Nascar drivers to place Coca-Cola Zero ads on their car windscreens, in order to scupper their chances in the race. The results is that most of the windscreen is covered up.
"Coke Zero, which continues to see strong growth, is The Coca-Cola Co's most successful sparkling brand since Diet Coke, which launched in 1982," said the company yesterday (2 July).
The two 60-second ads will debut during the TNT race broadcast of the Coke Zero 400 Powered by Coca-Cola on 4 July.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
Coca-Cola has been criticised for making a misleading claim in an ad in the US over its policy towards selling soft drinks in schools. While the company has agreed to change the wording in the ad, Ben...
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
Temporary destocking of Coca-Cola Co drinks by retail giant Costco will not have a significant impact on fourth quarter volume sales, bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises has said....
PepsiCo and The Coca-Cola Co have both agreed to end litigation in their dispute over the Gatorade and Powerade sports drink brands....
Unilever and Coca-Cola Co have joined forces on a plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions, launched at the UN climate change summit in Copenhagen....
Coca-Cola France is to launch a version of its Fanta Still drink early next year made with the natural sweetener, stevia....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits