GERMANY: Coca-Cola withdraws Becker ad
Coca-Cola has withdrawn plans to air its latest television commercial featuring the ex-wife of tennis star Boris Becker. A report by NewsEdge Corporation claims that Coca-Cola had originally planned a German campaign for its Coca-Cola Caffeine Free brand. But it now feels that the advertisements's message "that was closely linked to the family and domestic surroundings of Barbara Becker" would be overshadowed by the couple's recent divorce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller