JAPAN: Coca-Cola West Holdings to merge operations
Japanese soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola West Holdings has announced that it is merging its two wholly-owned production subsidiaries, Coca-Cola West Japan Products Co. and Kinki Coca-Cola Products Co.
Following the integration, set to take place at the beginning of next year, Coca-Cola West Japan Products will be renamed Coca-Cola West Products Co. and will have a registered capital of JPY100m (US$903,000). The company said it expects the move to result in cost savings of JPY100m in 2009.
The two subsidiaries recorded combined revenues of almost JPY12bn (US$108.5m) in 2006.
Coca-Cola West Holdings was formed in July 2006 when Coca-Cola West Japan Co. merged with Kinki Coca-Cola Bottling Co. In January 2007, the company merged three distribution subsidiaries.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a net loss in its first quarter in what it has described as an "extremely challenging" cost environment....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced that its board of directors has declared a dividend for the second quarter of the year....
The former president and COO of Coca-Cola Bottling Philadelphia has joined the board of Skinny Nutrional Corp. in the US....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends