JAPAN: Coca-Cola West buys into Mikasa for $53.8m
Coca-Cola West Japan Co. has acquired a 30.8% stake in Mikasa Coca-Cola Bottling Co for Y6.316 billion ($53.8m). It has been reported in the Japan Times that Coca-Cola West intends to increase its stake further to 51% through a tender and is to offer Y1,160 ($9.88) per Mikasa share. The report claims that in an attempt to fend off growing competition from other soft drink producers, co-operation with another Coca-Cola distributor is needed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch