UK: Coca-Cola unveils Olympic bottle for UK
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined forces with celebrity photographer Rankin to create a limited edition Coca-Cola bottle in the UK.
The glass bottle, featuring the handover of the Olympic flag from Beijing to London on 24 August, also features a white rose, the company said today (18 August).
"As a Londoner, I love what the city represents so to reflect that with an image, which also represents the Olympics, was a fantastically exciting challenge for me as a photographer," said Rankin. "It was made even more compelling for me, to do it in collaboration with Coke, and using the iconic contours and shape of the glass bottle.
Rankin's bottle joins a list of artists and designers who have lent their own interpretations to the iconic Coca-Cola original glass bottle, including Andy Warhol, Sir Peter Blake, Manolo Blahnik and Matthew Williamson.
Alongside the launch of the bottle and Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the Games, the company is launching an on-pack competition, "offering the chance to win once in a lifetime experiences".
The Coca-Cola London 2012 limited edition Rankin bottle is available from Selfridges in London from later this week and is priced at GBP1.99 (US$3.71).
A slide in full-year net income for Pepsi Bottling Group this week led to a drop in its full-year forecast as the strengthening US dollar continues to hurt overseas sales....
Last week, we reported on the recommendation by the UK's chief medical officer that parents should not give their children any alcohol until they were at least 15 years old. The story prompted us to q...
Hansen Natural Corp has signed up motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi to promote its Monster Energy brand....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted a slight dip in full-year net profit, despite a healthy rise in sales....
Coca-Cola Amatil has reported a 10% rise in profits for 2008 and above average volume growth in its core Australian drinks division for the first six weeks of 2009....
The Coca-Cola Co. has lined up two protein drink extensions and a 'Superfood' addition to its Odwalla portfolio in the US....
The joint-venture between The Coca-Cola Co and Illycaffè is bringing its range of RTD coffees to the US....
A US subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to pay almost US$8m for violating its waste water treatment permit....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research